Improved performance such as an improved machining efficiency and an improved machining accuracy is always required for the machine tool that cuts everything. Therefore the spindle that moves the tool that cuts the workpiece needs to be provided with a wide range of engineering supporting potential including ultra-high-speed rotation, quick acceleration and deceleration, high rigidity, low temperature rise and so on.
- High-speed and large-output operation is needed for the spindle motor for high-efficiency machining, and bearings with high-speed low-temperature-rise specification are adopted.
- A low temperature rise characteristic is needed for the bearing supporting the spindle of the machining center in addition to high rigidity and high accuracy to suppress effects of expansion caused by heat generation.
- A high-ability series using ceramics is adopted for ultra-high speed rotation, so that the speed can be increased by 30 to 50% when compared with standard steel bearings.
- The next-generation high-ability series under development can reduce temperature rise by about 40% with optimized inside design and retainer design when compared with earlier models.
- The ball screw is used for transfer and positioning units of the machining center.
- JTEKT supplies highly-accurate and highly-rigid ball screw support bearings as well as bearing units combined with a precision housing that have substantially simplified installation work.
Slowing rim bearings for table
- Four-axis control tables such as the index table and rotary table are used in the machining center.
- Through highly accurate and rigid table bearings, JTEKT suppresses displacement and runout caused by external forces of the workpiece to a minimum and contributes to improvement of the machining accuracy.
- Spindle units incorporating highly-rigid, highly-accurate and low heat generation type bearings are adopted for the spindle of the lathe with which heavy duty cutting is handled.
- The ball screw is used for transfer and positioning units of the lathe.
- JTEKT supplies accurate and rigid ball screw support bearings as well as bearing units combined with a precision housing that have substantially simplified installation work.
- The tailstock is a section where the free side of the workpiece is fixed. Highly-rigid, accurate and low heat generation bearings are used there so that the cutting accuracy is maintained at a high level.