Personal Information Protection Policy
Initiatives for the Protection of Personal Information
JTEKT CORPORATION ("JTEKT") recognizes the importance of appropriate management and protection of personal information that can identify individuals such as customers and business partners ("Personal Information") obtained in the course of business and strives to comply with laws and regulations through specific practices such as establishing internal regulations and conducting training for employees to protect the Personal Information.
Handling of Personal Information
１．Purpose of Use
JTEKT uses the Personal Information collected appropriately by itself for sales activities such as providing information (including provision of the information on holding exhibitions, etc.) on products (including new products; the same applies hereinafter), negotiations on specifications and other sales terms, research and development, manufacturing, delivery and installation, related after-sales services and procurement, and customer management, performance of contracts, and administrative procedures, in connection with the following business activities.
JTEKT collects and uses the Personal Information of its employees for the purpose of employment and human resources management.
- The manufacture and sale of bearings and bearing parts.
- The manufacture and sale of automobile parts and other vehicle parts.
- The manufacture, repair and sale of machine tools, industrial machines, industrial robots, automatic part assembly machines, other general machines and devices, and parts for such products.
- The manufacture and sale of industrial heat treatment furnaces, semiconductor manufacturing heat treatment equipment and other equipment, and parts for such products.
- The manufacture and sale of electronic control devices, measurement control devices, image processing equipment, video equipment and other electric/electronic application devices and related devices, and parts for such products.
- The manufacture and sale of industrial seals, industrial rubber products, and industrial synthetic resin products.
- The manufacture and sale of power transmission equipment and parts for such products.
- The manufacture and sale of automatic precision measuring devices, analysis devices, and parts for such products.
- The manufacture and sale of elevators, balconies and other housing-related equipment and construction steel frame parts.
- Invention, research and the use of developed technology related to the above items and the manufacture and sale of related machines, apparatuses, and parts.
- The acquirement, use, and management of real estate.
- Laborer dispatch business.
- Any other lawful businesses and the investment related thereto.
２．Disclosure/Provision to Third Parties
JTEKT will appropriately manage the Personal Information collected by itself and will not disclose or provide it to any third party without the prior consent of the data subject, except in the following cases.
- When it is required by laws and regulations.
- When it is necessary to protect a person's life, body, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the data subject.
- When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the healthy upbring of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the data subject.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with the national or local public entity or their outsourced companies in carrying out the affairs stipulated by law, and obtaining the consent of the data subject will hinder the execution of said affairs.
In order to ensure smooth operation of the business, JTEKT may outsource a part of its business to a subcontractor and provide the Personal Information to such subcontractor to the extent necessary.
JTEKT may use the Personal Information (name, name of company/organization the data subject belongs to, title, contact information (address of the company/organization, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail address)) collected by JTEKT through transaction, inquiries, exhibitions etc. jointly with JTEKT group companies (the subsidiaries of JTEKT in accordance with Article 8, paragraph 3 of "Regulation on Terminology, Forms, and Preparation Methods of Financial Statements" and affiliate companies of JTEKT in accordance with Article 8, paragraph 5 of the same Regulation). The purpose of joint use is for sales activities such as provision of information on products and negotiation on specifications and other sales terms at each JTEKT group company under such joint use.
JTEKT will be responsible for the management of such joint use. In addition, JTEKT will strive to handle the Personal Information of the customers and business partners more carefully when the business of such customers and business partners completes with those of JTEKT group companies.
Handling of cookie information
- To investigate the number of users of Website and their browsing history.
- To provide better services and information for each user based on his/her browsing history.
- To provide better services and information for each user by referring to the information pre-registered by the user when logging in to the authentication service.
- To conduct sales promotion activities for our products and services by associating the information with Personal Information that JTEKT has separately obtained.
- To prompt users to re-enter their passwords (re-authentication) after a certain period of time has elapsed for security purposes.
In addition, when JTEKT outsources the advertisement delivery to a third party, Cookies may be stored and referred to via such third party.
Cookies can be deleted or disabled by using the privacy settings in user's browser. However, please note that if user disables Cookies, the user may not be able to use some of the services offered by Website.
About SSL (security)
In order to ensure the security of the Personal Information when user submits it via Website, JTEKT uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer: a security function that encrypts and transmits information over the Internet) to protect the Personal Information of user. That means when user uses an SSL compatible browser, the Personal Information will be automatically encrypted before it is sent or received.
Management of Personal Information
In order to prevent the leakage, falsification, loss, and unauthorized use of the Personal Information, JTEKT strictly manages the Personal Information in an appropriate security environment in accordance with related laws and regulations and JTEKT's personal information management regulations. In addition, JTEKT also conducts necessary education and awareness activities for employees regarding the appropriate handling of the Personal Information.
Inquiries Regarding the Handling of Personal Information
For inquiries regarding JTEKT's handling of personal information, please use the following inquiry form.