JTEKT CORPORATION ("JTEKT", "we", "us" or "our") respects the privacy of the data subject ("Data Subject", "you" or "your"), complies with all applicable laws and regulations for the protection of personal data applied to us, and also takes appropriate measures to strictly protect the security of any information that relates to you ("Personal Data").
This Policy sets out how we collect, store, use and/or share your Personal Data and reading this Policy will help you understand your privacy rights and choice.
- What Personal Date do we collect?
- How do we collect your Personal Data?
- How will we use your Personal Data?
- Who your Personal Data is shared with?
- How do we store your Personal Data?
- How long will we retain your Personal Data?
- How do we protect your Personal Data?
- How do we handle the Cookies?
- What are your Personal Data protection rights?
- How do we transfer your Personal Data?
- How do we change this Policy?
- What is governing law?
- How do you contact us?
1. What Personal Date do we collect?
Under this Policy, we may collect following Personal Data from you. However, we will only collect your Personal Data that we are permitted to collect by Applicable laws.
- Name and surname, Job title, e-mail address, telephone number, company name, postal address, date of birth, gender.
2. How do we collect your Personal Data?
We generally collect your Personal Data directly from you or our business partners. For example, we may collect your Personal Data when you deal with us in person, by telephone, letter, fax, e-mail, or via websites operated by us ("Website").
3. How will we use your Personal Data?
We will use your Personal Data for the following purpose ("Purpose") relating to our business activities as below:
- Sales activities such as products (including new products; the same below) guidance (including guidance for exhibitions) and negotiations of specifications and sales terms and conditions, etc.
- Research and development, production, shipping, delivery, installation of products, related after-sales service and procurement of the products.
- Customer management, contract execution and contact for administrative procedures.
In addition, we collect and use the Personal Data about our employees for the purpose of employment and personnel management of our employees.
- The manufacture and sale of bearings and bearing parts.
- The manufacture and sale of automobile parts and other vehicle parts.
- The manufacture, repair and sale of machine tools, industrial machines, industrial robots, automatic part assembly machines, other general machines and devices, and parts for such products.
- The manufacture and sale of industrial heat treatment furnaces, semiconductor manufacturing heat treatment equipment and other equipment, and parts for such products.
- The manufacture and sale of electronic control devices, measurement control devices, image processing equipment, video equipment and other electric/electronic application devices and related devices, and parts for such products.
- The manufacture and sale of industrial seals, industrial rubber products, and industrial synthetic resin products.
- The manufacture and sale of power transmission equipment and parts for such products.
- The manufacture and sale of automatic precision measuring devices, analysis devices, and parts for such products.
- The manufacture and sale of elevators, balconies and other housing-related equipment and construction steel frame parts.
- Invention, research and the use of developed technology related to the above items and the manufacture and sale of related machines, apparatuses, and parts.
- The acquirement, use, and management of real estate.
- Laborer dispatch business.
- Any other lawful businesses and the investment related thereto.
4. Who your Personal Data is shared with?
We will not provide, disclose or share your Personal Data to or with third parties unless we have obtained your consent except when we are permitted to do so in accordance with the Applicable Laws, such as for the legitimate interests, fulfillment of legal obligations, etc.
In addition, we may provide your Personal Data to our subcontractors to the extent necessary to achieve the Purpose. However, we will ensure such subcontractors take measures equivalent to those taken by us.
5. How do we store your Personal Data?
As we are located in Japan, we will store your Personal Data in Japan. We store your Personal Data and documents containing your Personal Data in both physical and electronic forms on our servers, databases, vault rooms, fire proof cabinets and relevant department lockers, and, in certain circumstances, we may use external data retention service providers to store such Personal Data and relevant documents.
6. How long will we retain your Personal Data?
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the Purpose we collected if for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirement under the Applicable Laws. We will appropriately and securely delete your Personal Data when it is no longer required.
7. How do we protect your Personal Data?
We have implemented appropriate technical and physical, organizational, and personal safety measures to ensure a level of security around your Personal Data to protect it against unauthorized or unlawful processing, accidental or unlawful loss, destruction or alteration, unauthorized access or damage.
Furthermore, to ensure the security of your Personal Data when you submit it via our Website, we use SSL (Secure Socket Layer: a security function that encrypts and transmits information over the Internet) to protect your Personal Data. That means when you use an SSL compatible browser, your Personal Data will be automatically encrypted before it is sent or received.
8. How do we handle the Cookies?
- To investigate the number of users of Website and their browsing history.
- To provide better services and information for each user based on his/her browsing history.
- To provide better services and information for each user by referring to the information pre-registered by the user when logging in to the authentication service.
- To conduct sales promotion activities for our products and services by associating the information with Personal Data that we have separately obtained.
- To prompt users to re-enter their passwords (re-authentication) after a certain period of time has elapsed for security purposes.
In addition, when we outsource the advertisement delivery to a third party, Cookies may be stored and referred to via such third party.
Cookies can be deleted or disabled by using the privacy settings in your browser. However, please note that if you disable Cookies, you may not be able to use some of the services offered by Website.
9. What are your Personal Data protection rights?
You have the following rights regarding your Personal Data:
- The right to withdraw your consent
You are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
- The right to access
You are entitled to request access to and obtain copy of your Personal Data we hold.
- The right to object to the processing
You have the right to object the processing of your Personal Data at any time. However, we may be entitled to continue the processing of your Personal Data when we are permitted to do so in accordance with Applicable Laws.
- The right to erasure
You are entitled to request us to delete or destroy your Personal Date, or anonymize your Personal Data to become the anonymous data which cannot identify the Data Subject. However, we may refuse your request for such erasure when we are not permitted to do so in accordance with the Applicable Laws.
- The right to restrict processing
You have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability
You are entitled to request us to transfer your Personal Data to another third party under certain conditions.
- The right to rectification
You are entitled to request us to correct any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Data of you we hold.
- The right to complain
You have the right to file a complaint in the event that we (including our employees or the service providers) violate or do not comply with the Applicable Laws.
- Other rights under the Applicable Laws
10. How we transfer your Personal Data?
In principle, we will not transfer your Personal Data outside Japan unless we have obtained your consent. However, due to global nature of our business we may need to transfer your Personal Data outside Japan in certain cases.
- Personal Data originating from the UK or European Economic Area ("UK or EEA Personal Data")
If we do transfer UK and EEA Personal Data outside Japan, the UK and EEA, we will transfer it on the basis of an adequacy decision, appropriate safeguards, binding corporate rules, derogations for specific situations, or based on other provisions under the Applicable Laws which permit us to do so, such as for the purpose of legitimate interests. In the case of transfers based on our legitimate interests, if requested, we will provide you with details of the safety measures that we have implemented.
- Personal Data originating from outside the UK or European Economic Area ("Non-UK and Non-EEA Personal Data")
If we do transfer Non-UK and Non-EEA Personal Data outside Japan and the original territory in which the Personal Data was collected, we will make sure that such transfers are performed in compliance with the Applicable Laws.
11. How can we make changes to this Policy?
We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time. Changes will be notified on our website. We may make emergency change to this Policy when we believe it is reasonable to do so to comply with the legal or regulatory requirements.
12. What is governing law?
This Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Applicable Laws. Should any provisions of this Policy be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in accordance with the Applicable Laws, the remaining provisions shall remain valid and shall not be affected in any case.
13. How do you contact us?
If you have questions or comments about this Policy and our privacy practices, or if you would like to submit a request exercising your privacy rights, please contact us through the following inquiry form: